Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Body ♥ Love Challenge Day 10: Appreciate the Evolution


One body will not fit you for your entire life.  We age, we scar, we widen, we wrinkle, we become.  It's a visual diary of where we've been, what we've survived, what we've enjoyed, what we've created.

Don't wish to erase your own evolution.  




In the last ten years my waist has widened, while my bust has wasted.  My bottom is still dominant, but it's lost much of it's former bounce.  And I can tell you from personal experience, different body shapes offer different opportunities.  Broader bodies can carry bolder accessories.  Blouses drape better on flat chests.  Fluffy, full thighs look prettier in trouser jeans.

And I'll happily trade younger and smaller for wiser and stronger.

Age is inevitable, you are left with the choice to fight or embrace.

 Day 10 Challenge: Appreciate your Figure's Evolution, enjoy a change that time has presented.

Post your evolving embrace in the comments,  feel free to link to blogs, instagram, pinterest, flicker, or other sources

And that concludes the challenge, thanks for the body camaraderie! 

4 comments:

  1. I just had my 4th baby a few weeks ago and ended up getting my first stretch marks this time around. I'm going to try to think of them differently: a sign of what I've created, and embrace those marks and that memory.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is my favorite "Love your body" post. It's easy to love your body when you're in shape and young. Being pregnant again, I am reminded every day the importance of loving my body through every stage of life.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm struggling to embrace my prenatal pooch that has yet to turn into a beautiful bump, but I know it serves as reminder of the beautiful miracle inside of me. I'm not struggling as much with the added cushioning upstairs. And my husband isn't complaining ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This was a great series. thank you!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin