Saturday, February 4, 2012

Body ♥ Love Challenge Day 2: Stop Making Comparisons


Stop comparing: to your darling starlet, to the cover of your pet magazine, to yourself five years ago.  Cease staring at your coworker's stomach to discern any trace of a stomach roll beneath her blouse.  Desist browsing weekly magazines with fresh pictures of celebrity cellulite.


External body validation is excessively volatile.  Build a buttress of impervious, internal confidence. Love your body exactly as it is, at this very instant. Cherish the strength of your legs, the curve of your neck, the grace of your fingers, the soft skin on your upper arms. No one else can tamper with your own admiration.


There is no universal ideal.  One set of proportions does not fit all.  One set of proportions will not even fit a single individual for an entire life.


And I owe yet another bouquet of Thank You's to Miss Kayla for this treasure:



Day 2 Challenge: avoid comparisons in features and figures, instead appreciate yours and others' unique individuality.  


Post your incomparable experience  find in the comments, 
feel free to link to blogs, instagram, pinterest, flicker, or other sources

6 comments:

  1. I really needed to read this today, thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really needed this. Thank you, you have no idea how helpful this was!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh boy, so true. You know what? Even at 14 weeks pregnant, I find myself comparing. Is my baby bump "normal"? etc. It's sad how "good" at comparison we women are!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The other day I told a friend about how I got rid of a dress that was wrong for my body type. And I realized afterward that I didn't blame my body. It was the dress that was wrong, not me. A small but critically important attitude shift.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Like your blog...keep up:) Love from Maria at inredningsvis.se

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin