Friday, December 17, 2010

Living Vicariously: Fancy Anniversary


Each year since my Mister and I locked lives seven years ago, I have purchased an anniversary frock to wear to a fancy dinner date. Andy wraps it up for Christmas and writes a thoughtfully clever note about what inspired him to pick it out.

A few highlights from December 27th's past
This year I might carefully select an anniversary nightgown.  One that I can nurse in or possibly give birth in.  Something soft and cozy but far from fancy.  And then we'll probably simmer some of the soup I made this week.

If my plans were not already confirmed, and my waist was not almost equivalent to my height, this is what I would wear:
be dazzled deanna dress
$395 - katespade.com
imagination knows no budget


Martinez Valero Women's Zoie Pump
$83 - endless.com
blue, like my wedding shoes

Evening Star Stretch Bracelet
$98 - anntaylor.com
A possible reality, I'm sure Andy will accompany it with a fine note


$71 - pret-a-beaute.com
Like little snowflakes on my ears


Tell me your anniversary traditions.
Comments are open.

Let Cardigan Empire bedeck you for the holidays.  Gift yourself or a dear one a Fashion Package: combining a theoretical look book & a practical virtual shopping session

10 comments:

  1. OOOO the outfit in the lower right corner is soooooooooooooo cute!!

    And I don't blame you, the nightgown sounds lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute! Next year, you will be back to pre-baby form, and with that sweet lil boy and Miss Coco to boot!

    We had our reception at Maggiano's. Fortunately, in the 7 years since they have spread - so we've been able to have anniversary dinner there, wherever we are. Thus far - Chicago, Indianapolis, Boston, and DC. I wonder what others we'll get to go to?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I love the shoes!!
    Thanks for the lookbook--it is wonderful. And since I have slowly been losing weight and not buying my husband did ask me last night if I could replace my jeans:) With my book I am ready!
    I posted about it on my blog,
    http://designsbynico.blogspot.com/2010/12/fashion-lookbook.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. That dress is gorgeous by the way. And it is Jared's Christmas tradition to gift me novels- which I am very much looking forward to this year and which you may borrow. I haven't read a good book for a while.

    ReplyDelete
  5. oou! It's a LOVEY imaginary outfit. Though your plans for this year are VERY EXCITING too!
    My sweetheart and I met on Valentines Day (just by one of those curious quirks of fate) almost 14 years ago, so we celebrate on the 14th, but in a non-valentiney way.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Do you really call my cousin ANDY?? I had to read it a few times to figure out who you were talking about :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Merissa,

    I am one of the few if not the only person allowed to call your cousin Andy. My husband considers this truncated privilege a great honor. But my Andy is the Bagley you know as Andrew.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Anniversary!
    We celebrated our 17th Anniversary on Friday also.

    Love the outfit..gorgeous! Next year you will be stunning! Hope you had a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous! You should get it anyway! That waistline won't always be full of baby. You can consider it a double present - anniversary AND carrying/delivering/caring for a baby.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin